It is a set of measures and tax benefits whose main goal is to favor investments for innovation and competitiveness of the various companies. The term industry 4.0 indicates the fourth industrial revolution, a process that will lead to fully automated and interconnected industrial production.
What is Industry 4.0 plan
Industry 4.0 2019
In the 2019 Budget Law are outlined the new tax benefits for companies. Those tax benefits are re-adjusted according to the type of investment and not based on company’s size, so as to encourage also the smallest investments.
Over amortization rates
For all new investments starting form the First January 2019, the rates are:
- 270% for projects up to 2.5 million;
- 200% for those between 2.5 and 10 million;
- 150% for those between 10 and 20 million.
Remains confirmed the increase of 130% for investments in intangible assets (software) to investments in tangible assets Industry 4.0 for who use hyper-depreciation.
Invest in training
The tax credit for personnel training activities on 4.0 technologies in renewed for 2019. While in 2018 the tax benefit allowed companies to recover the 40 % of the hourly cost of the staff involved – as a pupil or internal professor – in training activities, the 2019 Budget Law introduces three different rates by size class of companies:
- 50% for small companies, with a maximum of 300.000 euros;
- 40% for medium companies, with a maximum of 300.000 euros;
- 30% for large companies, with a maximum of 200.000 euros.
Our solutions satisfied all the mandatory requirements fixed by the Budget law and at least two additional requirements, let’s see them in detail:
- Control by CNC (Computer Numerical Control) and/or PLC (Programmable Logic Controller);
- Interconnection with the IT system of the factory with remote loading of instruction and/or part programs;
- automated integration with the logistics system of the factory or with the supply network and / or with other machines in the production cycle;
- interface simple and intuitive between man and machine;
- compliance with the latest standards in terms of safety, health and hygiene at work.
Additional requirements (at least 2 out of 3)
- remote maintenance and / or tele diagnosis and / or remote-control systems;
- continuous monitoring of working conditions and process parameters through appropriate sensor sets and activities to process drifts (macro parameters);
- characteristics of integration between the physical machine and/or the plant with the modeling and/or the simulation of one’s own behavior in the development of the process (cyber-physical system).
Who can enjoy the tax benefit of over depreciation Industry 4.0?
All the Italian companies (based in Italy) of all types (Srl, Spa, Sas, Snc) and all economics sectors, with exception of companies that apply the new flat-rate regime, can benefit from it. Since the entry into force of the Decree called “dignity” of July 2018, the purchased assets must be operational within the national territory.
The over depreciation applies to new assets purchased, also in leasing, from 1 January 2019 until 31 December 2019. It can also be applied to goods delivered, installed and put into operation until 31 December 2020; but the order must have been issued and an advance payment – higher than 20% – must be paid before 31 December 2019.
What happens for investments decided in 2018?
For investments for which an advance payment of 20% before 31 December 2018, or purchased in 2018 but not yet interconnected, nothing changes, the 2018 budget law with over depreciation to 250% applies.